This is a list of changes and bugfixes since the release of DarkRadiant 0.9.5.
The scenegraph code has been considerably changed in this release, which streamlined the codebase quite a bit. Large parts of old code have been overhauled or entirely rewritten to fit the new framework. This also paved the way for the most significant update in 0.9.6, namely the support of Layers.
Apart from that, a number of bugs have been squashed along the way, and due to the amount of rewritten code new bugs have most likely been introduced. If you encounter anything strange, please drop a note in the public DarkMod forums.
To fetch a newer snapshot release, please refer to the Snapshot page.
- Layers (all items can be assigned to one or more Layers now, similar to Blender)
- (DarkMod-specific) Difficulty Editor plug-in: this allows to conveniently edit difficulty settings for your map.
- "Hide all Unselected" feature (default shortcut: CTRL-SHIFT-H)
- Using the Surfaceinspector is affecting grouped brushes (func_static children) without having to select all faces manually.
- Some editor_ spawnargs were missing, this is fixed now.
- Fixed entity with changed classname using old identity for 'Add property' until reload.
- "Revert to Worldspawn" no longer crashes debug builds.
- Fixed models disappearing when switching on regions.
- Fixed non-english characters in Windows username causing startup errors.
- Fixed "thicken patch" feature producing weird patches in-game.
- Fixed a crash upon using Entity List.
- Fixed skin display getting lost after "Reload Models" command.
- Fixed some models not being selected/shown in some situations when region and select inside was used.
- Fixed a crash on closing maps which contain entities with both "target" and "target0" keys.
- Light volumes are shown again in the 3D render window.
- Fixed memory leaks in XMLRegistry module.
- The "Duplicate Selection" is now performed on the "key up" event, to prevent mass duplication of objects.
- Media Browser is showing the texure dimensions now.
A detailed development changelog can be found on the bugtracker and on SVN.