This is a list of changes and bugfixes since the release of DarkRadiant 0.9.7. The most prominent feature additions are the TDM-specific Conversation Editor Plug-In and the model preview for the EntitySelector dialog.
To fetch a newer snapshot release, please refer to the Snapshot page.
New Features / Changes
- Conversation Editor Plug-In
- EntitySelector provides a model preview window now.
- Layer Control Dialog is remembering its visibility status between sessions.
- Added support for "editor_setKeyValue" spawnargs to automatically add keyvalues to newly created entities.
- Objectives Editor allows to move Objectives up and down, changing their index number.
- Made it possible to revert to worldspawn with multiple func_statics selected.
- Assinging keyvalues to multiple selected entities is now allowed.
- It's possible to edit properties of multiple selected lights.
- Added Map Statistics dialog (models, shaders, primitives, entities).
- Added "Show All Layers | Hide All Layers" as well as "Select All In Layer" feature.
- Hang on closing Objectives Editor when entity is selected.
- S/R Editor can handle entities with >9 response effects properly now.
- Undo (Ctrl-Z) did not restore skin on entity, this is fixed.
- Thicken Patch Feature: newly created patches have the same level of tesselation now.
- Creating func_statics didn't put the origin at the center of selection.
- Fixed map load failure when opening from other than project directory.
- "Save as" no longer deselects everything.
- Fixed Objectives Editor having wrong defaults for some properties.
- Objectives Editor allows deletion of objectives now.
- Fixed holding down Ctrl-Alt reporting "Unknown Event" in the status bar.
- Fixed crash upon processing soundshader files with syntax errors.
- Speaker min radius is show now if the value has a decimal fraction.
- Fixed crash on shutdown after closing EntitySelector using the X in the upper right corner.
- Fixed creation of a atdm:mover_door entity from a brush causing all worldspawn to become linked.
- Fixed deselecting no longer working after deleting brush/patch while components were still selected.
- Fixed DarkRadiant automatically adding light texture to entity when Light inspector was open.
- Fixed hitting Space in EntityInspector duplicating the selected entity.
- Fixed target connections being lost after save.
- Fixed crash when "saving as..." maps with speakers in them.
- Fixed models contained in PK4 files not showing up.
- Fixed Entity List showing the wrong names on creation and cloning.
- Fixed func_static origin getting orphaned after brush drag degenerate.
- "Save Copy As" is pre-populating the filename with the last one entered.
- DarkRadiant shows a warning when trying to save to read-only map files.
- EntityInspector doesn't pre-select the row on entity selection change.
- DarkRadiant emits a console warning now when a shader is not found.
- Assigning brushes to layers now shows the * reminder to save the map.
Coding / Internal Design
- MapResource handling has been simplified and improved.
- Fixed globalErrorStream writing black text to the console instead of red.
- Libxml2 libraries upgraded to 2.7.2.
- Dependency on WS32_32 socket library removed.
A detailed development changelog can be found on the bugtracker and on SVN.