This is a list of changes and bugfixes since the release of DarkRadiant 0.9.8.
To fetch a newer snapshot release, please refer to the Snapshot page.
New Features / Changes
- Filter Editor GUI to allow for custom filter settings.
- DarkRadiant takes full advantage of precompressed DDS textures now.
- Added "Make Visportal" and "Create New Layer" commands to orthoview's context menu.
- Added "Rename" option for layers.
- Target connection lines show arrows to indicate direction.
- Media Browser is pre-loaded on startup by default.
- Support for fs_game_base setting.
- Improved texture alignment for adjacent brush faces.
- Light entities with derived _color spawnarg were not rendered in the correct color until the spawnarg was manually changed.
- When using "Cap Cylinder" on cone patches, the code prevents creation of zero-sized patches from now on.
- Fixed missing scrollbar in Texture Browser.
- Fixed textures from model skins disappearing on map reload.
- Fixed possibility to overwrite maps with a half-loaded one after cancelling the loading process.
- Fixed skins being displayed in "Choose Model" dialog in Entity Inspector.
- Fixed speaker radii being wrong for cloned speaker entities.
- Fixed missing models for entities with inherited "model" keys.
- Fixed crash when zooming ModelViewer without selection.
- Fixed memory leak when flushing and reloading shaders.
- Prefabs are loaded into the first visible layer instead of Default
- Media Browser sorts folders first now.
- Smarter string seeking when using GTK's type-search in Entity Class Tree and Entity Chooser.
- One-click selection of hidden layers is disallowed.
- Decal Patches are selected after "Create Decal Patches" (and original faces are deselected).
- Layers are displayed in alphabetical order now.
- Media Browser is populating the the texture tree much faster now.
Coding / Internal Design
- Upgraded GTK+ binaries to version 2.14.5
- Compilation for Windows x64 target possible.
A detailed development changelog can be found on the bugtracker and on SVN.