This is a list of changes and bugfixes since the release of DarkRadiant 1.0.2.
New Features / Changes
- "Fixup Map" functionality available in the Map menu, which can perform map-wide replacements of deprecated or changed entities, shaders and spawnargs.
- DarkRadiant now features a brand-new Octree space partitioning system, for faster rendering.
- Texure Alignment Commands: top, bottom, left, right, now available in the Surface Inspector.
- Progress meter is showing actual progress during map load.
- "Bevel" now creates patches oriented according to the currently active XY view.
- Scripting Module now exposes a simple-to-use Dialog framework, and Patch and Brush interfaces have been added to expose brush and patch manipulation to scripts.
- Added preference option to let DarkRadiant start on a specific monitor for multi-monitor setups.
- Replaced drag-selection rectangle with an openGL-based implementation to fix display weirdness in Windows Aero environments.
- The WaveFront OBJ exporter now supports patches.
- Texture Tool: implemented "snap brush face vertex to grid" feature.
- Textur Tool: Brush face resizing by vertex is possible now.
- Entity Inspector: Add Property dialog supports addition of multiple properties at once.
- Undo and Redo doesn't clear Shader Clipboard anymore.
- Implemented maximize cam view toggle command, for shortcut assignment.
- Fixed: Move two models and hit undo: only one is properly undone.
- Fixed: Mapped texture not matching texture tool display.
- Fixed: Lights with models ignore "rotation" upon map reload
- Fixed: Crash when loading ASE model without *BITMAP line.
- Fixed: editor_setKeyValue keys are set during map load.
- Fixed: In "Floating" layout, click X to close Camera view, have to select "Camera View" twice to bring it back.
- Fixed gtk_source_buffer_new_with_language failures in Linux builds.
- Fixed segmentation fault in Sound Chooser in Linux in DarkRadiant builds without sound module.
- Fixed a segfault when hitting "Run Script" button without scripts.
- Fixed shortcuts not being propagated when main window is focused after switching from Embedded to Floating.
- Fixed Texture Tool screen going black after hover text on menu displayed.
- Fixed inability to create entities by script due to weak_ptrs being used in the ScriptSceneNode container.
- Fixed NURBS curves not being displayed correctly.
- Fixed "Reload Defs" not find new entityDefs.
- Resolved: Inspector window always open/on top upon view mode change.
- Fixed: Can get stuck without view mode whe using ToggleLayout commands.
- Fixed: Ortho view positions are reset to origin upon view mode change.
- Fixed: Group Dialog title not matching current tab.
- Fixed: Texture alignment not always preserved on prefab load.
- Performance Improvement: fixed extreme slowness when mass applying textures.
- Removed warning: AttributeSuffixComparator cannot compare...
- Resolved extreme slowdown when copying pathnodes when entity properties are open and target selected.
- Layer Context Menu items are sorted alphabetically now.
- Fixed: MainFrame is activating layout even if it is already active.
- Fixed assert() expressions evaluated in Win32 release builds.
- Light volume boxes appear in the same color as origin marker now.
- Default values for s_minDistance and s_maxDistance of speakers are created by default.
- Type-ahead lookup in tree views is case sensitive.
- A warning is issued when trying to use the CSG button the first time.
Coding / Internal Design
- Fixed memory leak when using gtk_combo_box_get_active_text().
- Refactored globalDebugMessageHandler code.
- Fixed GTK Assertions on keypress/release events.
A detailed development changelog can be found on the bugtracker and on SVN.