This is a list of changes and bugfixes since the release of DarkRadiant 1.4.0.
New Features / Changes
- New Particle Renderer and Preview.
- Added Reload Particles command.
- Xreal: PNG support
- Xreal: support MATERIAL_NAME shaders for ASE models.
- Xreal: added Xreal game configuration
- Xreal: configurable archive extension.
- Fixed: Some 6-sided brushes are saved as 7-sided ones to the .map file (one superfluous plane).
- Fixed: Copy & Paste doesn't work.
- Fixed: Readables editor won't let you type a space in the inv_name.
- Fixed: Crash when opening LWO when sorting textures internally.
- Fixed: DarkRadiant crashes when closing Readable editor after clicking "XData Name".
- Fixed: No bumpmaps rendered in lighting mode on newer cards.
- Fixed: Trouble exporting func_statics with ASE export script.
- Fixed: Semi-consistent crash after starting new map.
- Fixed: Description for light/fog textures does not show.
- Fixed: Clipper not caulking clipped faces consistently.
- Fixed: Light entity wireframes not updated, don't reflect actual entity, after rotation.
- Fixed: XY view crash
- Fixed: func_static part selection issue.
- Create patches in 'axis aligned' orientation.
- func_splinemover should be created with a default spline curve.
- Added Reparent primitives to context menu
- Jump to selected classname (if any) upon clicking "Choose entity class..."
Coding / Internal Design
- Enable compilation in VC++ 2010.
- After some major refactoring all UI classes have been migrated from GTK+ to its C++ interface gtkmm.
- Extend IModel interface to provide access to model verts and polys.
A detailed development changelog can be found on the bugtracker.