This is a list of changes and bugfixes since the release of DarkRadiant 1.6.1.
New Features / Changes
- Always-on active layer and related functionality. One is able to specify the active layer by Ctrl-Clicking on a layer button.
- Improved map loading performance.
- The Entity List can be configured to show visible elements only.
- Added "Filter All" and "Filter None" to Filters menu
- A backup of the .darkradiant file is created now when saving a map.
- Particle Editor
- Particle Previewer: added auto-loop mode
- New feature: MD5 Animation Preview
- Added support for editor_color directives
- Added real-time render mode to camera view
- Many D3 shader keywords are now recognised, added support for translate, scale and other time-dependent stages in materials
- Added the ability to filter on entity spawnargs
- Add support for Objective Conditions to Objectives Editor plugin
- Add "Select elements using this shader" option to MapInfoDialog > Shader Info.
- The Entity Inspector is showing the Primitive and Entity number for the selected item
- Fixed: Clipping a worldspawn brush in layer A will make the new clipped brush disappear if the preferred layer is not visible.
- Fixed: Delete Node + Delete Layer + Undo leaves node in invalid layer ID.
- Fixed: When degenerate brushes are present in the scene, layer information corruption can occur on next map load.
- Fixed: In .darkradiant files, some nodes might be assigned to non-existent layers.
- Fixed: New entities not going into expected layer.
- Fixed: Selecting items in a layer also selects hidden ones
- Fixed: Brushes, patches, entities, etc. change layers on their own.
- Fixed: Entities with models in their def ("eclassmodels") are created in the Default layer
- Fixed: Partice Editor Input Fields not properly keeping direct input
- Fixed: Transparent Decal texture invisable when selected
- Fixed: Translucent textures not visible when selected
- Fixed: Placing a background image in grid window is broken
- Fixed: key names are getting cut off in editor_setKeyValue spawnargs
- Generate color picker for "ambient_light" property
- ASE export script could skip caulk
- Scripts can use the ModelDefVisitor interface now
Coding / Internal Design
- EntityClassManager module is using a lot of memory.
- Fedora libboost_system-mt linker error.
- Upgrade to Boost 1.47
- Added support for multiple scenegraphs
- Resolved: Brush::buildBRep() performs ColourScheme Manager lookups
- Slow Registry and ColourScheme lookups in Light render methods
- Streamlined model and skin handling for entities
- Fixed a compilation error in g++ 4.5.2
A detailed development changelog can be found on the bugtracker.